Happy Independence Day, Malaysia!

Merdeka, is a Malay word for Independent.

Why I decided to write about this is because today, my 5-year-old daughter Ifrah, celebrates Malaysia'a Independence Day which will be tomorrow, 31st August 2016. My elder daughter, Iman, has celebrated it earlier in her school. She was the emcee for her class that went for final round for the Best Merdeka Decoration, schoolwide.On that day, she wore red kebaya and delivered a short speech containing Malay, English, Mandarin & Tamil language.

I am very proud of them!

Unfortunatley, the events that I mentioned above are solely for students and teachers...so..pardon me for "only 1 photo"  exists for today's entry

I also fall in love with this year's Merdeka themed song entitled Malaysia Sehati Sejiwa, beautifully sang by our local singer, Aliff Satar.

Here goes the lyrics:

Demi ……tanah yang bertuah
Taman….. cinta merdeka ..aaa
Kasih …di hatiku ini
Untukmu ….tanah pertiwi …iii

Dari …..utara selatan
Juga….. timur ke barat
Turut gagah ….Sabah Serawak
Se….hati Sejiwa

Chorus
Ku dengar janjimu
Bayu Kinabalu
Ku dengar sumpahmu
Rejang yang membiru
Bersatu denganku
Tegap Titiwangsa
Malaysia Sehati sejiwa

Bridge
Laut luas terbentang
Bukan satu halangan
Untuk kita bersama
Melafaz janji setia
Demi mu Malaysia
Cinta kasih di jiwa
Tidak akan kami khianatinya…..

Chorus
Walaupun berbeza
Budaya Agama
Bukanlah penghalang
Kita bergandingan
Marilah bersatu

Sehati sejiwa

Malaysia Kekal Sejahtera … Korus Iban Kadazan…
(Mi i so ginavo) kadazan
(Kitai Dekak Mujur) iban
( mi i so ginavo)kadazan
(Ngetan Ke Menua) iban
(Mi i soginavo) kadazan
(Nyuluk Cita Mulia) iban
Malaysia Sehati Sejiwa


From the bottom of my heart, I would like to wish "Selamat Hari Kemerdekaan" to my beloved country, Malaysia.
I may not the soldier that fought for the independence on 31st August 1957, but I may be a good citizen for my country.










Comments

Popular Posts